HAVE AN AED?
TAKE THE PLEDGE TO ENSURE IT IS KEPT
It costs nothing to join! Membership is free, and we provide you with stickers to show the nation you are committed to preventing sudden cardiac death.
If you are a community group, club, business, workplace, shop, school or any type of organisation that has an AED on-site that could be used by any member of the community, then let’s promote it!
In the event of someone experiencing a sudden cardiac arrest, then we want to let the nation know that you have a defibrillator on site to be used, if it is ever needed. Apply for free membership today, and we will send you your A5-sized "Heart of the Nation AED Inside" stickers. We will also include your location on the Heart of the Nation smartphone app!
All you need to do is place the stickers on the front door or window of your business so the community knows where to find an AED when needed, and keep your AED maintained - we'll help you with that!
choose your signage!
We now have 2 types of signage available - the Heart of the Nation standard, A5-sized "Heart of the Nation AED INSIDE" sign, as well as an A4-sized "AED" sign this is more like the traditional AED signs, and is not branded with the Heart of the Nation logo. We encourage everyone to place their Heart of the Nation A5-sized stickers on the outside of their business, and also, bolster the identity of the location of your AEDs with an A4 sized sticker too!
APPLY TO BECOME A MEMBER HERE:
As part of the process of applying to become a member, you will be required to provide proof of, or agree to the following criteria:
1. Ownership of the business/group/entity that you represent, or authority to act on its behalf;
2. Acknowledge that you provide consent for Heart of the Nation to use your business name, details provided and logo as part of the Heart of the Nation network;
3. Commit to displaying the Heart of the Nation sticker that you will be provided with at all locations with AED's.
4. During your normal business or operating hours, or the hours that your AED is accessible, allow your AED to be used in the event of a member of the public requiring access to life saving defibrillation.
5. Provide consent for us to pass your information on to Ambulance Services in your State or Territory to form part of a register to allow Triple Zero call takers to guide bystander-responders to the nearest AED.
To fill in this application fully, you will need:
Copy of ASIC registration or Business Name registration or another document that proves the existence of your organisation;
Photo of the AED in the location where it is usually kept.
Latitude and longitude data (GPS coordinates) of the location of the AED - to get these stand next to the AED and get these from Google Maps or What3Words by clicking on the "set my location" icon - usually an arrow.
Opening hours, or hours of availability of the AED (if you have them)
Company or Entity Address*
Postal Address (if different from above)
If you know the availability hours of the AED you are registering, or the times that the location of the AED is open, please enter those below to assist us in providing accurate information regarding accessibility. NOTE - please enter "00:00" for both opening and closing times for days that the AED is unavailable or the location is not open.
Address of where AED is located*
Your content has been submitted
An error occurred. Please check fields highlighted in red for errors.